1.6K views
2.4
Additional Fees

On June 6, 2017 I joined 1Dental.com, the Aetna plan, because they had listed as one of their providers Coe Dentistry. My best friend uses Dr.

Coe and I was going to join this discount program because he was listed as a provider and my best friend was very happy with him. After joining, I called Dr. Coe's office to check pricing on a root canal and make an appointment. When I asked about 1Dental.com discount program, they had never heard of it.

I called on 06/08/17 to cancel. They refunded the $99 but not the $20 startup fee. They falsely advertised participants on their provider list so I believe they owe me the $20 back. What have they done to earn it?

And Dave Ramsey recommends these people? Ridiculous!

Review about: Careington Dental Access Health Plan.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Falsely advertised dentist participation.

Comments

Thanks but no thanks! I WILL NOT be buying this plan

We have been thinking of purchasing the Careington plan, but after reading these reviews we will NOT DO so. We will also tell our Dallas friends & family.

Thank you for letting us know. We Appreciate it.

to Consumer - New TX resident #1518279

Hi New TX resident, welcome to Texas! Our plans really do work and can save you money.

In this case, there was some confusion in communicating the plan to the dental office. There are many dentists who accept our plan, but many of those offices are most familiar with the plan name and not our company name (1Dental). As long as you're communicating the plan name to the dental office you visit that's within our network, you can experience significant savings with this plan.My husband and I use the plan, personally, and we have saved so much! He had to have a root canal and crown this last year.

What would have cost us more about $1,200 or more without dental insurance only cost us about $500 with our discount dental plan. :slightly_smiling_face: On top of that, our dentist worked out a plan to help break up that treatment cost for us.Whatever you decide, I hope you find a dental plan that helps you and your family save on dental care!

to Consumer - New TX resident #1543151

It looks all good when you first come upon it - but the reality is the truth is in the customer reviews. I'll be staying far away from 1Dental myself.

I am sorry for the difficulty you had using the plan. The name of the plan is the Dental Access plan and it uses the Aetna Dental Access network.

1Dental is the name of our company which sells the plan so the dentist would probably not have heard of us but he certainly would have heard of the Aetna Dental Access network. If you have questions, please feel free to contact our Customer Care department at (800) 329-6305.

No dentist takes 1dental.com. According to you, the plan was Aetna, not 1 dental. Why didn't you ask if they take the Aetna?

as of today - it says you will not get the startup fee back if you cancel. Maybe that is new, but its clearly in the signup info.